Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sleeping Beauties

Ever since Hailey was born, she always had her own room. I think we tried a couple of times sharing a room with her but she randomly cries in her sleep and moves around a lot. Also Nathan snores when he isn't sleeping well which woke up Hailey a lot. So the real person who was suffering was me!!! Even when we moved into McIntosh which was an one-bedroom apartment, Hailey slept in her bouncer in the living room (it was only for a month).


Robert on the other hand is a very quiet and still sleeper so he slept in the bouncer right beside the bed. However, since he is growing at a quicker pace, he grew out of the bouncer around two months. Also, he has been very congested and needed a humidifier on.


So, at two months we moved him into Hailey's room and things were really good. When he woke up in the middle of the night, Hailey didn't wake up. The only downside was that they both woke up around 6:00 when Hailey used to wake up around 7:30-8.

Now, the routine is to put Hailey in bed by 7:30, by giving her a bath, lather her up with lotion, letting her brush her teeth, reading a book and singing a song. Also she gets to bring a book into bed with her. She picked Beauty and the Beast this time and fell asleep before the end. Then we give Robert a bath, I feed him, and he's in bed by 8:00.

For two days now, starting when he turned 4 months, he has slept for 12 hours straight!!!!

This is Robert asleep on the couch after we went to the park for the free school lunches (for Hailey only).


In the afternoon, after Hailey goes down for her nap and I have lunch, Robert and I take a nap in my bed. I nurse him to sleep and enjoy cuddling with him. Then I sleep for an hour or two, and get up with Hailey while he continues to sleep for another hour. I couldn't do this with Hailey. When Hailey and I took naps together it was always on the couch with her on my chest.

No comments: