Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hello World!

There have been big changes in our lives since I've blogged last. I know I need to blog first about Christmas but I wanted to make a quick summary before I forget the funny events of late.

So for Christmas we went to New Mexico with Zeke to see Nate's brother and family, Jared and Amy.  Hailey and Robert loved having cousins to play with. Poor Robert was out number by 5 girls, but he didn't even notice. 

Our long term plan at that point was that Nathan would get a job for the Fall and finish his dissertation on the side. He got all his papers ready and even applied to a school.  However, the more serious he was about it, the more discouraged I was about the job market.  We decided (and it was tough) to stay in Pocatello for an extra year so Nathan could finish completely in one year and have a better resume then struggling with both duties. 

That decided lead to my biggest concern, how are we going to survive at Ridge Crest for a whole other school year?  The answer was that we couldn't and found a new place to live.

A lot happened on January 22nd.  We had appointments to look at new housing, so had a pretty full day.

Also, while the kids were happily playing in the front room and I was on the computer, Hannah had a seizure.  It was only one minute long from my best guess.  I heard a strange sound, and looked for Hannah. I found her right behind me by the couch, sitting up but folded over and shaking.  I quickly picked her up, to lay her on her back in my arms and called for Nate to come down stairs.  He held her and within 30 seconds, she was out of the seizure but completely wiped out.  Her temperature was only 99 degrees and we started her Keppra again. It's nerve racking because, this means she has a problem and we don't know if the next will be 1 minute long or 45 minutes.  The doctor couldn't really give us more answers but that she has to be on Keppra until she is two before we take her off of it and see if she'll have another one.  I think about our time in the hospital constantly.  It is also very hard for Hannah to get over the seizure and used to the medicine.  She acted loopy and cranky for almost 2 weeks.

And a minor point, was that Jan 22 was the first day of my last period, which means I'm pregnant now and am due the end of October. (more about that later)

The last couple of days before February, we were accepted and got to move into our new 4 bedroom house.  Our rent over lapped a month which made moving over easier because we could slowly move over and then clean later but tough to be in two places.

The day we moved our furniture over, Nathan hopped off the truck and landed on his ankle wrong.  He sprained it badly and will be in a walking boot for at least a month. 

The kids have adjusted smoothly to our new place.  Hailey screamed at night for the first week but that's over for the most part now. 

Last Sunday was our first Sunday in our new ward. It was fast and testimony meeting and there were tons of 6-8 year old kids going up and bearing their testimonies.  Hailey and Robert were very anxious to go also.  Hailey told Nate that she wants to go up and he told her what a testimony was. She beat him up to the stand and didn't want him to stand next to her. She wanted to do it all by herself.  She said, "Do you know that I love my family! And do you know...." She mentioned Heavenly Father and Jesus and ended it like she does her prayers.  Then she walked back to my by herself while Nate bore his testimony and told me "I did a good job, mommy!" Robert jumped out of his seat when he noticed she was up there and run to the front before I could do anything about it.  Robert spoke after Nate and mentioned Heavenly Father and Jesus several times and closed it like his prayers.  I was very impressed with both of them and hope they don't grow out of their boldness. 

Sorry this post is so random.  We just got the Internet back so pictures will be coming soon, whenever I have a moment to sit down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennys Quilts said...

Congrats on expecting again, and for the new house. It sounds like there is a lot of exciting things going on with you guys right now!