Friday, March 2, 2012

Robert the Super Hero

Hannah has been fussy and whiny for a whole week now and Rachel has been getting up 3-5 times each night, so I'm lacking on sleep and patience.  Also Winter has finally hit Pocatello and we wake up every morning to snow.

The bad thing about the snow is that sometimes it causes our sliding door to stick. That happened this morning. So I opened up the front passenger door and Robert climbed in. Then I put Rachel in (her door opened because it was in the sunlight). After that I try the door again so I can put Hannah in.  While I'm yanking at the door, Robert came and helps pull from the inside and we quickly got it open. Robert saved the day!!! He was very proud about how we worked together.

Finally everyone is in the car and I turn on the windshield wipes to brush the snow off. Our left windshield wiper blade popped off. Hopefully it's not completely broken but I couldn't figure out how to put it in.

So we left to go exercising and I didn't get much exercising in. Hannah was fussy and wanted to be held. Robert hit another boy with a truck and had to be put in time out. And my patience Rachel was very hungry and felt lonely so cried if I wasn't staring at her or touching her.

One of the ladies I workout with went to look at my windshield blade when we were done but couldn't figure it out either.  I'm usually the last one to leave the church because I have a lot of little kids to put in. I went to turn on the car and it didn't turn. So I turned it off and tried to take the keys out and they wouldn't come out. After several tries and a prayer, I called a friend. Robert was out of his sit and bouncing around,Rachel was screaming, and Hannah is very stinky with a running nose and I'm out of wipes. So before I got too frustrated I told Robert to run around outside. I asked him to climb out the driver's door since I was out of my chair and holding Rachel.  I was too lazy to go to his side.  As he is climbing out, he said that the car was on the R. Since his name starts with the letter R, he likes to point out the letter when he sees it.

I was confused and looked at the car myself. Sure enough somehow I put the car in reverse which is why it wouldn't start and why I couldn't get the keys out. Robert saved the day again!!! I fixed the problem, called my friend saying we were good and then went home.

Instead of going grocery shopping, I think the kids earn some TV time while I shower and hopefully get a brain.  I'm glad Robert was more observant than I was. Maybe he'll make a good mechanic when he grows up.

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

so sorry it was such a tough day. you are a trooper. lack of sleep is too much for me

Scott and Stacia said...

Sounds like one of those tough days for a stay at home mom...So glad Robert was so helpful!

Scott Crawford said...

THIS is exactly what blogs are supposed to be for. Thanks for sharing a "duh" moment that makes the rest of us feel more normal.