Monday, April 16, 2012

Robert's Four Years Old

Last year on Robert's birthday, he did not admit he was 3 for about a month. This year however, he tells everyone he meets that he is 4. For dinner, Robert choose Craigo's. Hannah was still recovering from her seizures so she was carried everywhere. Also, that night was the first real meal she ate in two days.

Then Robert opened his presents. (with the help of his sisters!)

 He picked out this table setting a couple of months ago. I've been saving it for his birthday.
 He got a cool new track piece of a mine for his train collection.
 Here is Hannah and Robert fighting over his presents. Whenever he wasn't looking Hannah got another  to open.
 Robert got new Thomas PJs among other clothing. He has moved up to 4T now.
 The big present from mom and dad was his Lego set I've been saving since Christmas.
 I also made him a Lego cake using home made fondant. The kids used the extra fondant as play dough the next day. Robert was really happy with his cake. Everyone has a Lego man to eat.
I am so happy to have my little boy. He is very active, loud, and loves to tease his sisters. Right now is loves to annoy Hailey by copying everything she says. He is very sweet to Rachel in his rough boyish ways. He occasionally will narrate his actions with a song.  When I tell him to do something and he doesn't want to do it his excuses are "It'll make me cough!" or "It'll make me tired!"  When I'm mad and start yelling he reminds me in the saddest voice "You make Jesus sad," which helps me realize what is really important in life.  He can be very affectionate and makes sure he gets his hugs and kisses at bed time. His favorite song is "Praise to the Man" mainly because it has cool actions.

He is a very smart boy and knows all his letters and their sounds. He can count to 20 I think. He has Dr. Suess' ABC's and Bears in the Night memorized and likes to "read" them to me.  He loves trains, blocks, and playing with Hailey.  They make a great team and have a lot of fun together when they are not fighting.  He is in dance and soccer. He likes soccer the best.

I love Robert so much and am excited to see he grow and develop each day. I just hope I can be a good influence to him and have enough patience for his active and sometimes defiant behavior.

No comments: