Sunday, May 6, 2012

Easter

The ward held a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt in a small park. The park was divided into 4 areas, and the big kids (9-11) went up on the hill behind the neighbor's backyard. Carrol lives right there so the kids use her backyard to go through.
I stayed with Hannah and was really wasn't into picking up the eggs. I had to point them out to her. We are staying downstairs at this point and maybe she is just trying to catch up on all the lost sleep that the bed bugs caused her.
Robert and Hailey had a lot of fun running everywhere for eggs.
Nathan's job was to keep Rachel warm since it was a bit chilly.
This picture of Hannah shows how out of it she was. She is surrounded by eggs and she won't even pick up any.
Hailey and Robert went to Hannah's section to help out. They got too much candy in my opinion.

There was an Easter Bunny there. Then we had cookies and milk in Carrol's garage. I had all the blocks to my quilt put together at Carrol's house (we ran out of room at my house to put it together). So Carrol invited my friends in to see the progress. It was fun having it shown off.

On Sunday after church, I took all the eggs the kids gather the day before and hide them again in our backyard. However, Hannah fell asleep at this point and we had to wait until she woke up. By that point, most of the chocolate melted a little (nothing that the refrigerator couldn't fix).
In their baskets were a shovel, a sand bucket, and a chocolate bunny.



Hannah again didn't do much since she just woke up from her nap.

Hailey, Robert and I dyed eggs during Hannah's nap which was a good choice. I don't think Hannah's ready to have the patience to dye eggs yet.
After the egg hunt, we went to the back room and opened up our twelve plastic eggs that contains a symbol and a scripture describing Jesus's last week. I think I really like this tradition. I know Hailey understands the process of the resurrection, that Jesus died and then His body and spirit joined together and He was resurrected. I hope that I'll be able to help them understand why that is important while they are still young.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

what fun. we do the same egg tradition about Christ's lst week but we do one a day leading up to Easter Sunday. It is fun to have that kind of traditon. The quilt was awesome

Scott Crawford said...

That is a creepy Easter Bunny. I don't think my kids would have been ok with it.