Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One Year of Lessons

Now that it's been a whole year there are a few things that I learned from him in addition to what I gained from Hailey.
To start, off his name is: Baby! Even though Robert is one years old now we still call him Baby or Baby Robert. Only when he needs to listen and do what I say right now do I call him Robert. (So far there is no shortening of his name)
1) Second baby's pregnancy, labor, birth and recovery is easier and quicker.
2) Nursing is a special time and he was a happier baby when he was nursing. (It seems like he has been sick ever since he quit at 10 months. Currently he has a sore throat and two major boo-boos.)
3) Boys are in constant motion and hates to be pinned down for diaper or clothes change.
4) Robert would go naked all day everyday if it was up to him.
5) To fix a yeast infection use Lotrimin (the fungus foot cream) and put diaper rash cream on top.
6) Medicine and Robert just doesn't work out (He had an ear infection for 4 weeks, tried two different medicines and got horrible diaper rashes with both. It was a very trying time for us)
7) Even though I love both my kids it is a challenge to give attention to both.
8) Robert loves books especially the Book of Mormon (he loves turning the pages and hates when we take it away from him)
9) Robert is a very happy boy and laughs easily.
10) Robert's loves special attention and loves to cuddle especially when he doesn't feel good.
11) Robert is a mom's boy.
12) Robert is a better and a messier eater.
13) Don't rush him!!! He will go play on his own time. If he is pushed then he will scream bloody murder.
14) His favorite game is peek-a-boo and he favorite places to play is in Hailey's crib, Tub, and in the tunnel at the mall.
15) The most important thing I've learned is that Robert is a very special, sweet boy and is a blessing to this family.

1 comment:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Very nice post! He is adorable and it sounds like he is a great addition to your family! What a cutie!