Friday, June 12, 2009

Baby Three

Out of the blue, I took a pregnancy test in the middle of April not expecting anything at all. However, to my big surprise it said I was pregnant. I didn't believe it at first thinking that it had to be false due to the diet program and green tea pills I was taking briefly. After a few hours it sunk it. I looked up the due date: Dec 15th (Nathan's birthday) and even looked up baby names. Since I was doubtful at first, Nathan joined in with my doubt and decided we'll just take another test next week. After I was sure I was pregnant, he has been very supportive and even excited.
So a few common questions I get:
Do I have morning sickness?: I've been extremely hungry. I threw up once but that was also mixed with an afternoon in the heat without a lot of water. At week 12, I was so hungry that I was nauseous and very picky about what I wanted. That's the closes I got to morning sickness.
How far apart are they?: Hailey and Robert are 21 months about just like Robert and this third baby. I think this timing is perfect and if we only thought about how spread out we want our kids we would have planned on this. We were waiting on Nathan to be close to graduating before the baby is born but plans change and it'll be fun having them this close.
Are we going to move?: We are a little washy on this. Nathan has two more years of school. If we move, we couldn't find a cheaper place and would have to get a second car since moving off campus eliminates the bus system. I think we can easily fit three kids when we get a storage unit. (to put our boxes in not the kids.)
Food cravings: I craved a lot of sugary foods at the very beginning and fried eggs. I quickly went through a pickle phase and now only want fruit and potatoes. With Hailey I wanted sugar and with Robert I wanted fruit and meat. So I'm confused at what sex this baby is.
At 13 weeks, I had a doctor's appointment and he was a little worried because the baby was measuring small. This meant for me that I got to have an ultrasound. I was excited. An ultrasound makes the baby seem a little more real. Good news is that the baby is perfect and healthy as much as the technician can tell. The baby has both arms and both legs, 2 kidneys, a stomach and heart on the same side. It's too early to tell the sex of the baby right now but it was amazing it see the baby move. Here are some pictures that she took for us.
The baby is upside down, with it's bum in the air and face is down.
This picture is labeled to make it a little easier.

In the picture you can see the spine bone pretty well. The face is pointing outwards.

3 comments:

Greg & Andrea said...

WHAT! I can't believe your PREGNANT already! I mean congratulations! But wow talk about close! Well that just means your a good mommy and can handle all those little ones. So keep us posted on your progress and let us know if it's a boy or girl in a few months.

Scott and Stacia said...

I don't check blogs for a week...and then I miss this!! Congrats!! I was wondering how the dieting was going, but I didn't feel it was right to ask :) Now I know why!!
I was curious where your babies sleep while your toddler is in the crib. Do you use a pack and play?? Jacen moved to a toddler bed at 18mo but Brycen is still in the pack and play. I need to move him to the crib but I am not ready to deal with the possibility of them waking eachother up, since they will be in the same room (even though they are both awesome sleepers).

ashycam said...

congrats on baby #3.