We went to Boo at the Zoo again this year. Hailey was Belle, Hannah was Cinderella, and Robert was Thomas.
There were a lot of games and activities to do there and I know we didn't get to it all. They played Plinko for candy, and made a skeleton out of Q-tips.They did a bean-bag toss.
We watched the baby bear play with a giant somore pinata. Mainly the bear was scared of it.
The kids got close to an elk and answered questions for candy.
They also heard a story about Zeus and got books from the book wagon. They had a bat craft and went fishing for animal masks. We listen to CriptoTales and touched different animal furs.
They did get scared once. Before we even went to the Zoo, Hailey kept telling me about a man in the box and how she was going to be so brave this year. I didn't remember anything about a man in a box until we reached this rocky area that had a girl zombie lying on a rock pointing to the candy by the coffin. There was Hailey's box she was talking about. So, Hailey and Robert went up to get candy and a guy pops out. The kids freaked out and screamed. Robert climbed on some rocks to stay far away. Hailey came to me and was shaking. Then she had a very big sneeze. After calming down (which took a while), she told everyone how the guy was scary and made her sneeze.
I hoped contractions would start today (at exactly 39 weeks), so to keep my mind off the disappointment, we kept pretty busy. After spending two hours at the Zoo, we had lunch at Pizza Hut. Then Nathan and I went on our date at 5-7. We went on a very nice walk in a field (it was the cross county track) that took 45 minutes, then we went out for ice cream. I hoped all that walking would have started something but it didn't. Then we talked for a while with Jamie and Spencer (the couple who watched our kids). Later in the evening (close to 9:00pm) my mom came into town. The kids were very wired with excitement because their Gramma was with them.
1 comment:
Oh man, I forgot! You should remember to call and remind me about these things! I can't for the life of me remember anything.
Post a Comment