I should have posted this a while ago but soon after I blogged about Hannah's frustrating sleep issues, she started sleeping well. There is nothing more precious than a sleeping kid.
So as you can see we have Hailey and Hannah's bed's next to each other. Hailey has a twin size bed and Hannah's is a toddler bed. This has worked out great because it's harder for Hannah to accidentally roll onto Hailey's bed and she is definitely a roller. We also give Hannah lavender oil to help her calm down when she's too upset to sleep. We also have a noise maker; for nap time it is on Ocean and for bed time it's on Crickets. The gate gets put up every time but Hannah's okay with that and likes her door open.I try very hard to make sure all of the toys are out of the girl's room but sometimes toys sneak past me. I also have to put the diapers and wipes up or she'll play with them. During nap time, Hannah plays for 10 minutes or so before she falls asleep. Recently she's been taking Hailey's stuffed animals to play with. It's very cute to hear her "talking" for them. While posting this, Hailey just discovered Hannah's secret and was shocked. This morning I found all of the dirty clothes (which wasn't a whole lot since I have to do laundry frequently (potty training Robert)) in Hannah's bed. She is one crazy kid.
The past couple of days she has been waking up between 6:00am-6:30am but this is way better then our 12:00am, 2:00am, and 4:00am schedule that we were on. I'm grateful to have these few weeks of uninterrupted sleep (expect for pregnancy issues) until the new baby comes.
2 comments:
Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your great tips and letting us know what worked for you. I agree that there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping child - they are too adorable, even for pictures.
That is such good news. How great that you can get more rest in preparation for the new little one :)
Post a Comment