Monday, June 4, 2012

1st Stitches

Wednesday May 2nd was a very busy day. I go exercising every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at the church after Hailey goes to school. Then on Mondays and Wednesday right after exercising, Robert has preschool. This day luckily wasn't my week to do preschool, so I went grocery shopping for once-a-month cooking (the full 30 days this time). I made one trip during preschool to get everything none perishable and then got the produce and meat after I picked up Robert. Since that took a lot of time, I was able to quickly bring all the food in before it was time to pick up Hailey from school. I got lunch ready, then around 1:00pm Hailey and Robert had some friends over to entertain them while I prep the food.

The friends left around 3:00pm then the kids watched tv while Hannah took a short nap and I really got cooking them. (the first few meals are the most involved in the cook book) Around 4:30pm Hannah woke up cranky and the other kids were whiny for entertainment. So I did starfall.com with Hannah and sent the others across the street to play with Kaya. They love playing with her because she has a trampoline and she's a very friendly with a big imagination.

After about 5-10 minutes of Hailey and Robert leaving I hear crying. I didn't think anything of it and just thought that is it was something bad, that the kid would come home.  A minute or two later I glace outside to see where the crying was coming from but couldn't see anything so I continued playing with Hannah. Another couple of minutes passed and I stopped and told myself that I really do hear Robert and need to find him (it was one of those days that I have heard crying so much, it's hard to know if it is a real cry or just my ear ringing.)

I walk out of my house just seconds after Mandy (my next door neighbor who takes Hailey to school) to see Robert standing on the other side of the street with blood all over his chest. Before I get to him, Mindy (Kaya's mom) steps out of her house too. I think Mandy figured out it was his chin and while I held him, she took his sock to put pressure of the wound. After a few minutes of pressure (and time for me to get a hold of the situation), I took him home to get things arranged to take Robert to the doctors. Within 5 minutes Nathan showed up at home and I left with Robert. The best guess we had about what happened is that Robert fell on or off the trampoline.

I called a head to let them know we were coming and they took us back quickly. After cleaning Robert up some, the nurse put numbing gel all his chin and left us to sit for 30-45 minutes.  Robert kind of stopped talking and reacting at this point. Maybe his was too afraid to move his mouth. We read books and played the trial version of the games of my phone.

Then the doctor came in and Robert did real well with the stitches. The biggest thing was the bring lamp that bugged him. He got three stitches in total and only moved with the first one because the string was touching his face and that bothered him.

We left after that and Robert started talking again but definitely was not his usual hyper self. However, as we get closer to our house Robert told me that he wanted to go back to Kaya's house and promised he wouldn't fall off again. Talking to Hailey, she said that he tripped while on the trampoline and then fell off it. Robert just says he hit the grass..
 Here's the best I can do to take a picture of the underside of his chin.  There was a lot of blood because he was standing on the sidewalk just bleeding for about 2-5 minutes (he didn't cross because his shoes weren't on).
As far as cooking I got 7 meals completed. It was a long day and unfortunately didn't get much better at night time.

No comments: