This semester has literally been Nathan's thesis, job search, and nothing more. He stays up very late at night to finish off things and wakes up very early in the morning and leaves generally before the kids wake up. Having four kids, I'm very busy during the day and exhausted at night. Most holidays have kind of slipped by us this year. Nathan usually takes care of Valentine's Day and I do our anniversary. We try to leave the kids and have 24 hours by ourselves every year but it probably won't happen this year.
This anniversary caught me off guard and I only realized how close it was when my good friend mentioned celebrating their anniversary (which is one week before mine). So I surprised Nathan to an empty house (a friend offer to take the kids and Rachel slept through most of it) and a candle light dinner. We had a fondue pot of a cheesy tomato sauce (first time doing fondue) and crab legs (the first time I ever had crab). Our sparkly cider and berry pie topped off the nice evening together.
Even though Nathan is not a gift person, I tied a couple of small gifts to the end of the balloons. I got him beef jerky, two flash drives (he loses his a lot) and a flash drive pocket holder.
So Happy Anniversary to us!
No comments:
Post a Comment