Dad and Hailey are looking at the 15ft waterfall.
Here's Robert enjoying the zoo.
Of course, no trip is without their little complications. Hailey had exploded out of her diaper, so mom and dad went to the car to get her new pants while I feed Robert. Thankfully, we were close to the entrance and the building we went into was a little play center.
After our short break, we went to the Aquarium.
This turtle is from the shark tunnel. "One highlight of the Scott Aquarium is an underwater stroll on the ocean floor. Visitors will wind their way through an oval-shaped, 70-foot long, zig-zag acrylic tunnel that takes them past coral heads, canyons and caves. This tunnel, at the bottom of a 17 foot deep exhibit, allows visitors the experience of being on the ocean floor with large sharks and rays swimming past them on two sides and overhead." (website)
Hailey had a fun time swinging on the bars whenever she found some. I thought it was funny that the next picture I took was of the monkey swinging.
We briefly walked by the monkeys outside but didn't go in the Orangutan Forest because we wanted to see the big cats.
We finished up with the desert dome. I was surprised to see all the different animals in this section and how open they made it feel even though you're still in a building. It had a lot of twists and turns to section off the different types of deserts.
The bottom part of the building had the Kingdoms of the Night exhibit. A neat part about this was the swamp. "The world's largest indoor swamp is located under the Namibian sand dune of the Desert Dome . Experience the 160,000 gallon, 1/4 acre mysterious swamp with a floating boardwalk. It features a Trapper's Cabin, a beaver lodge, cypress trees, and 30 swamp animal species in barrier free habitats." (website) Since everything was dim and there were crocodiles around you, it felt very freaky. The last thing I was thinking about was taking pictures. Also Robert was pretty hungry by this time and needed to be held.
So, one last thing that made this area neat was the White Alligator. There were no signs about it (since the lights were dim we probably wouldn't be able to read them even if they were there) but since I recently went to Hoogle Zoo with my sister, I knew what it was. The difference between a white alligator and an albino alligator is that white alligators have blue eyes and are very strong. Albinos have red eyes and are weaker. Here's a story about them.
2 comments:
I'm sooo glad that the kids did good on the flight. It sounds like you guys had a great time at the zoo. It's so nice to go to a really big zoo with lots of animals. I was so disappointed the first time I went to the pocatello zoo because the Detroit zoo is so big like the Omaha one. Anyways really cute pictures.
Sounds like the flight went great!! What fun pics! I love going to the zoo. I hope you have a wonderful rest of the trip!
Post a Comment