I love babysitting and it seems to be the only "job" I can keep. This year, starting in January I had the opportunity to watch a sweet seven year old girl, Chloe, for two hours after her school. Hailey was immediately attached to Chloe. Her routine was "eat lunch, take nap, and Chloe come". The promise of Chloe was sometimes the only thing I had to get her to eat and sleep peacefully. Hailey learned more about pretend, princesses, fairies and dress up then what I could teach her. We also did crafts, play dough and a little bit of cooking together. Chloe was also a big help to me and was eager to help with dinner.
Chloe started cheer in February and had two performances that we attended. Hailey was very excited about this. The second performance was in an auditorium with a stage. There was a dance group ages 3-5 there also. Whenever they were on stage, Hailey would try to copy them. Near the end Hailey tried to escape on stage because she thought it was her turn too.
So when we were told about a summer dance program, I was excited to sign Hailey up. On the first day, I peeked in to see how she was doing and Hailey shouted "I'm dancing mommy!!! I'm dancing." when we spotted me. However, Hailey ended up being in a class by herself and for a shy, little, three-year old, this had me worried. Chloe and Luc (her 5-year old brother I started watching in the summer.) signed up for cheer and their class was at the same time. So the "boss" combined the classes to teach a little cheer, dance and tumbling.
One day Hailey was fussy (which is pretty typical with other adults) and the teacher told her that if she finishes what they were doing, Hailey could jump on the trampoline. A week or two after this incident, I was talking to Chloe and Luc about how dance was going and if Hailey was going good. Luc shouts (which is his normal voice) "Hailey cries and then gets to jump on the trampoline." Poor Luc, it's so hard being a big boy.
Another adventure at dance happened just last week. Chloe had to go to the bathroom , so Hailey followed. However, Chloe came back alone. The teacher asked "where's Hailey?" What she found in the bathroom is that Hailey had taken off her diaper, couldn't sit on the toilet (she's still pretty short) and had an accident on her pant on the floor. The tough thing about this that that I wasn't there. So they found her some gym shorts and tried them in the back since they were too big and Hailey went commando the rest of the time.
I am thankful for the teacher's patience and I can tell that she really likes Hailey. Hailey will be in the Pioneer Parade this weekend so pictures of her will come.
This is a video of Robert dancing just so he's not left out.
No comments:
Post a Comment