So, I took the TV away for a week and loved it. The kids actually played with their toys and there were less fights. The downside for me is that I couldn't get anything else done. We read books, played with blocks and colored. It's great to spend quality time with them but my house suffered and I needed to get ready for the baby and holidays. So, there hasn't been a permanent change, yet. We are back to watching at least 2 hours a day and I know with Hannah coming I'll need the TV to get some sanity. I think I will ban TV for one week per month and see how that goes. Wish me luck and patience.
preschool: green eggs and ham
14 years ago
2 comments:
i agree. its nice to get things done and have the tv on... but not good all of the time! but its also hard to turn it off and spend constant time entertaining! i find we watch tv a lot when i babysit... sigh. its hard to find that perfect amount! when you figure out something that works great let me know!
well your super mom for taking the t.v away and during the winter! I think I could do it in the summer cause we are out and about so much we don't really watch it anyways but during the long winter months I need that t.v. to help control Eva. LOL But good for you for taking time to do other fun things with your kiddos.
Post a Comment