Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Halloween Fun

I'm just trying to check up my blog so here is how our Halloween Week went which is now three weeks late.

First, we go to the library twice a week generally. Tuesday is book babies so I'm in there with Robert and Hailey. On Thursday, Hailey gets to be in there by herself for 40 minutes. For the week of Halloween, the sweet story lady took the kids on a Halloween Parade to the different desk so they could get candy. I thought it would be a great way to introduce Robert to the concept of Trick-or-Treating.

However, leaving to go there was not easy. I had the kids ready and Hailey's hair done nicely. I wanted to just put on their costumes on at the library but Hailey looked cold and asked for Snow White. So right before, we walked out the door, I put it on her. Then I strapped her in the car and went to the other side to put Robert in. When I opened the side door, I heard Hailey cry "Accident!" At that point my patience level dropped. She had peed a lot all over her seat, shorts, and costume. So I strapped Robert in the car and ran inside to get extra panties, pants, and a little tutu so she is still dressed in something.

I start undressing her in the car and then Hailey said she needed to pee more. I knew she didn't but still took Robert out of the car and carried my naked bum girl in the house. She sits for a little bit and tells me she's all done and didn't pee. I quickly got her dressed again and put everyone in the car, again. Luckily, I'm in the practice now to leave the house a half hour before so we weren't late.

The kids greatly enjoyed story time and the parade while I tried to hide the fact that I was completely out of patience.



Hailey went to story time on Thursday with Luc (he didn't have school so I had him all day). This time it went a lot better and both Hailey and Luc put on their costumes at the library.


On Friday, the ward held their trunk-or-treat, followed by dinner and a carnival. Since it was cold outside, the trunk-or-treat got moved inside. So I was lined up in the hall to pass out the candy as Nathan took the kids around. Thankfully, a husband in the ward got his wife and me soft chair to sit in.
The kids had fun with daddy and got a lot of goodies.

The Chilly dinner was great. Hailey and Robert just ran around the gym, playing games. Robert liked the fishing one the best and just stood by it most of the time.

Finally, it's really Halloween Night. Nathan took the kids around the complex while I passed the candy out. Not a whole lot of people came by so we still had a lot of left over candy.

This is the best picture we were able to get of Robert in his Scarecrow outfit. He looked so cute but was constantly on the move. He figured out this whole candy thing and was excited.

To end our Halloween night, we went over to Chloe and Luc's house to have pumpkin pie.

This is the most we have done for Halloween so far. There were so many places we could have gone to.

1 comment:

Greg & Andrea said...

Haily made a cute little snow white. And I'm surprised I didn't see you at the library...me and Charity took the kids there to do the trick or treating too. We must have went at different times :( Oh well at least the kids had a good time. And I'm surprised you made it. If Eva would have peed in the car I would have said, "That's it! I'm done!" You have lots more patience than me.