Thursday, March 18, 2010

Drive-in

The ward had a drive-in activity at the commons. The kids could have cardboard box cars if their parents felt like making one. I was saving diaper boxes for this activity but wasn't sure how to turn these small boxes into cute cars. Then I went outside to throw away the trash and noticed my neighbor was spray painting her boxes. She made a cute purple bus for her little girl and Lighting McQueen for her boy. I was very impressed with how they looked and was excited to make a car for my kids. She let me use her left over spray paint. So I made a Princess car for Hailey and tried to make a Caterpillar Truck for Robert but it just ended up looking like a school bus. On the back of the cars I put their initials in glitter for their licences plates.

They liked their cars a lot, especially Robert who spent the most time in it.

I wanted to take more pictures of the cars when we got home. However, my house was a mess and I didn't want the cars inside until I picked up the front room. I didn't think that was a big deal and kept them outside fully intending for the kids to play with them the next day. I also thought that there would be no chance or rain or snow but was completely wrong when I woke up and found the boxes ruined by the rain. Robert was very sad to see them go.
I'm glad I made the cute cars for them.

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute cars! What a cute idea! I love it! Sorry they got ruined.

Scott Crawford said...

Why do we buy expensive toys when this is what they really want?