Sunday, March 21, 2010

Robert's Birthday

For Robert's 2nd Birthday, we went to McKee's Pet Store and saw baby ducks. Robert loves animals. He knows all his animal sounds.
Then after having pizza for lunch, Robert opened his presents.
The video below shows how Robert had to throw away the wrapping paper before he would really look at the present itself. I have observed recently that he loves to clean and wash his hands. He doesn't like being dirty.

Darlene and Wayne were able to come and celebrate his birthday with us.
Hailey got a LeapFrog Pen that reads books to her. Robert really liked her pen so for his birthday, I got him the Junior version of her pen with two additional books, Cars and Curious George.
And he has the handing storage case to keep everything organized.
Robert got a tool set from Darlene and Wayne that has a drill.
Then we were surprised by the FedEx guy who had excellent timing and delivered more presents for Robert right as he was finishing off everything that we had.
Robert is really into trains right now. Ryan's family (my brother) gave him a Thomas DVD for Christmas. Robert loves watching it over and over. So for his birthday, my mom got him a train set and more Thomas DVD's. For the next two days, Robert had to bring Thomas into bed with him as a comfort toy.

Also he got more tools and a cute book "Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam".
I made this cake for him, copying the idea out of a cake for kids cookbook. I love how it turned out and Robert was thrilled with it.
I love how happy he is in this picture.


Here he is playing with his Choo-Choo trains. It was fun seeing him scoot around the track with his trains.

No comments: