Lambie got grounded for a week because we love her so much. Hailey insisted on taking her with us to someone else's house and left her there. So as a consequence, Lambie couldn't leave the house for a week. I took this opportunity to teach Hailey on why parents have rules and punishments. I helped her take part of being the parent.
We also put toys in time out for causing fights. I think it has a more powerful impact then putting the child in time sometimes. It also eliminates the arguments on who started the fight when I wasn't able to see what really happened.

This is Hailey and Lambie at 11 months. Look at how white lambie is!!!
This current picture was taken in January and this is as clean as Lambie gets.
2 comments:
That is such an amazing idea!! I hope to remember that. You are such a good mommy. Plus, I like how the kids aren't feeling guilty about what's going on. It's hard on a child because they don't fully understand what happened, nor cause and effect. I think giving them the control is the most powerful thing you could ever do.
Hi Audrey! This is Shellie one of Nathan's cousins. I just found your blog through somebody else's and wanted to say hello! Your kids are very cute. Please tell Nathan hello for me. It has been forever!
Post a Comment