Monday, September 6, 2010

Crafts

One of my hobbies is doing random crafts. So here are the crafts I've been doing lately.
My sister is getting married in October. My girls are the only little girls from the immediate family coming. Kerstin's wedding colors are a red/orange and a yellow/orange. Since dresses really don't come in those colors, I am making Hailey and Hannah's dresses. Hailey dress is almost done. I still have a flower to attach, inside lining work, and ironing left to do. I've very proud of it. I worked with netting and lining a dress for the first time.
I got this idea for my mommy. I made these boards with two canvas boards and cotton filling. I love being able to see the jewelry I have instead of using a jewelry box. Also they don't get tangled up this way.
Next, I laminated different emotions for a family emotion chart on the refrigerator. Hopefully this will help us all be able to recognize how we are feeling and be able to express it in a good way instead of yelling or screaming (which is what the kids do).
This is how Hailey arranged the feelings.
We also have a emotion chart for just Nate and I upstairs. Nathan was very surprised at how many feelings I have in one moment and how often they can change.

1 comment:

Scott Crawford said...

Hey, guys have feelings too! I'm feeling sleepy at the moment.

The difference between guys and girls brains