Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hailey's Cooking

I hate spending as much time in the kitchen as I do, so 3 months ago I started to do freezer meals and try only shopping once a month. Last month, I ran out of ideas of what I wanted to cook. Nathan now cooks on Tuesdays and Thursdays. As I was cooking at my cookbooks, I saw my old Disney Cookbook. I loved it as a kid. I pulled it out, turned to the Main Dish section, and read off the options to Hailey. She picked Peter Pan Pasta and Tickerbell Spaghetti Sauce. Now Hailey will be in charge of cooking once a month.

Here's Hailey chopping the green peppers. She put all the ingredients into the pot for the sauce and stirred. When we went shopping she picked out wheel pasta for her meal. She also put the rolls in the pan. She really did most of the work.
Here is our lovely meal that turned out to be delicious.
Hailey's so proud of herself. This is also the few times that my kids have actually eaten pasta. (I serve it a lot but they hardly eat it)
Also the rule is if you cook dinner, you do the dishes. Hailey was very excited about this. She washed the silverware and their plates and cups. I washed the bigger things and made sure everything was getting clean. She did a great job.
I am so happy how this turned out and want to keep it up. As the kids get older, I want them to be responsible to cook once a week.

No comments: