Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Advent Wreath

Advent is a German holiday that I have really enjoyed. Advent is on the four Sundays before Christmas. It is where we eat yummy treats and drink hot chocolate while Christmas books are read. Also, we have several booklets of Christmas songs that my sister typed out a long time ago. This tradition meant a lot to me growing up and I have continued it every year since I moved away from home.

Darlene was my college roommate for about 2 years and has done advent with me then and continued to make it to at least one Sunday every Christmas season since. She got married this year, so I thought she would enjoy an advent wreath of her own.

Since my mom made my wreath, I was able to get her help to make Darlene's wreath. It was surprisingly easy and I think it turned out great. So, I gave the wreath to Darlene for her birthday since it was in November.
Here's a close up.
Here is a picture of my treasure advent wreath.

1 comment:

Greg & Andrea said...

Very cool. I love both the wreaths