Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Downstair's Changes

When my mom came, she helped me organize the apartment to be more functional. One big problem was the pantry/coat/shoe closet. There wasn't enough room for any of the items. Most coats ended up on the floor and it was a hassle to find church shoes each week. So here's the changes.

Two coat racks behind the front door.
This bookshelf has baskets for our shoes and the hooks are for Chloe and Luc's coat and backpacks. This has freed up our entry way a lot.
Our couch switched sides with the desk.
I finally got an updated version of the first presidency. Also the desk functions more as a desk then as a place to display my willow tree statues. This has helped a lot.
So, now I have great shelves for the statues.
Of course, our main concern was how to change things and not block the window and still be able to see the tv from the couch. This way there is no more glare on the TV. I love the new curtains up. It makes it feel more homier.
So now that we circled the living room, let's move to the new pantry.
I have the shelf reliance for the cans which works out wonderfully. I can actually see what I have and have a way to have food storage.
And since we were doing the downstairs, my mom put up more shelves in the washer and drier closet. It's nice not to have to reach so high so frequently used items.
Thank you mom for all the work that you did. I love the changes.

3 comments:

Josie and Wayne said...

I love all the new shelves! They look so nice and useful.

Mel said...

It looks really good... I know we had to switch things up now and then for things to function a lil better in those tiny student housing.

Scott and Stacia said...

Nice! I wish I had that much storage. Looks like you got tons done :)