Thursday, May 6, 2010

5 year Anniversary

Yeah!!! Nathan and I have been married for five years. (This picture was taken in 2006, I think.)
For our five anniversary, we always planned on going back to our honeymoon spot at Johnson's Mill in Utah. However, with Hannah only being 4 months old and nursing we stayed close by and went to Black Swan Inn. Hannah had the privilege of tagging along with mom and dad while Aunt Darlene stayed with Hailey and Robert.
Since our anniversary is too close to finals, we took our excursion a couple of weeks early. On our actual anniversary, we were able to go to Red Lobster for the first time. Nathan loves sea food. We had a great time being out to dinner without the kids. Then we went to the mall, so I could get a couple of shirts. It was so nice being able to hold his hand which generally doesn't happen anymore with two little ones rounding around. What I liked best was remember what dating was like.
More than how we celebrated, I'm so excited that Nathan and I have stayed together for five years. With marriages being broken up all the time, this was a big thing to celebrate. Of course, we have had our ups and downs but I think we have worked through most of the newly wed issues and are enjoying a happy married life. I love Nate and excited to see what the next five years has in store for us. Hopefully, it will include just one more kid, a house, a stable job, and an extra car.

3 comments:

Kim Zielke said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!!! My you be blessed with many, many more.

Greg & Andrea said...

Congrats on 5 years! It goes by so fast doesn't it? Well I'm glad you guys got to go out and have a nice date night....i know how you feel with little ones it really doesn't happen that often.

Katiemarie said...

wow. you guys are SO OLD!!! jk:)