I decided I am revolting against housework!!!
Too bad I really can't, so here is the new plan. Nathan will cook and do the dishes twice a week. He gets to pick which two days (Tuesdays and Thursdays) and he gets to pick whatever we eat.
This serves a couple of purposes, 1) I get a break, 2) Nate will realize what I do is hard and unpleasant work but I do it anyways, 3) He will gain more responsibility for the household. He actually has done really well. He knows what the expectations are and fully accepts them. This has worked out great (for the first two weeks anyways).
Second item is on Saturday we will do 1 hour clean session. One does the top floor, the other the bottom. Nathan will keep Hailey with him and I'll have Hannah and Robert. We haven't been home on a Saturday yet but we put it in our plans.
Third is that Hailey now has 5 morning tasks to do each day before she watches TV or before we leave the house. 1) Eat Breakfast 2) Go Potty 3) Get Dressed 4) Make Bed 5) Pick up book in her bedroom. She likes checking off the tasks on my fingers. Though she isn't excited about doing everything, generally they get done.
Finally, the kids are responsible for clear off the table after dinner and wiping the table down. They love Clorox wipes.
I also want the kids to learn to pick up their toys everyday but I'm not good at being constant with it yet. It's nice doing chores with the kids at this age because they want to do want mom is doing.
preschool: green eggs and ham
14 years ago
1 comment:
I hope you keep updating how plans like this go. I like getting ideas on how to get chores going.
Post a Comment