Monday, August 23, 2010

Ward Campout and Hike

We went to our yearly Ward Camp out. It was nice, the kids had a fun time running around.

Our tent is the big, tan one. Some kids snuck into our tent (thanks to Robert and Hailey) and found our water bottle and split water over our sleeping bags, which is why they are on top to dry.
When night came, we played glow in the dark capture the flag. The kids liked having glow sticks to play with. After we put our kids in bed, we played a game called firefly which is kind of like tag with flashlights.
I took Tylenol PM to help me sleep, since I know I can't sleep well while camping. Apparently no one else can but Robert. Hailey cried around 12:00am and Hannah cried around 3ish but she was a easy fix since I could nurse her back to sleep.

After a nice pancake breakfast, the ward was supposed to meet at Cherry Hill for a little hike. We were the first people there and after waiting 20 minutes, we just started the hike ourselves.
I had a lot of fun with the kids, but Nate was too tired to function well.
I was surprised to find a forest area in Idaho.
After fighting over who can push Hannah, Hailey and Robert held hands on the way back to our car.
I love it when siblings are cute and nice to each other.


We went went back to our car (the hike was only 1 mile each way), we recognized three other cars but they went down the other path and Nathan needed a nap so we ended our fun ward camp and hike experience then. I think this was the best camp out experience that we have had. Too bad this will be our last with a big group like that, but we'll carry on the tradition and try to camp at least once each year.

No comments: