Robert turned 3 on March 22nd!
So we had a big party. Kerstin, Alex and Conner came the night before to spend time with us. Unfortunately, Hailey threw up a lot that night and Robert kept waking up also since his room is next to the bathroom. I only had 2 hours of sleep in total.
While Kerstin snuggled with Robert and slept on the couch, Nathan and Alex worked together to put the kids' new beds together.
They had to leave before the party started, so Conner and I worked together to make a candy train. We tried regular glue and a glue stick but nothing worked besides a hot glue gun.We had a Thomas Themed birthday for Robert. He fell asleep about an hour before the party started, so when friends started to come, he was really out of it. But the kids didn't mind, they just went downstairs to play with the toys until Robert was ready.
Instead of playing games, we did a little craft together.
Then we had cake! I am very happy with how the trained turned out. I think I am starting to get the hang of decorating now. When Robert went to blew out the candle, it just puffed his cheeks and spit on the cake. Since Tanner was right next to Robert, I asked him to help blew it out.
After that is was present time. Robert got manly dress up clothes, golf clubs, army and fire men figures, Thomas bubbles, and Thomas megablocks train sets. He loved all his presents.Hailey came out for presents after sleeping all afternoon. When everyone left she played with the toys and started feeling better. Her she is modeling Robert new dress up clothes.
I'm so happy with how the party turned out and I think Robert enjoyed it too. It was hard for him to turn three and would deny it for a couple of days. Change is hard for him and he still wants to be my little boy. I'm so thankful for Robert and the personality he brings into our home. He loves to cuddle and is very affectionate.






No comments:
Post a Comment