Kyle was able to come up and spend the 4th with us. We went to Iowa Living History Farms to celebrate the 4th of July the old fashion way.
There was a water brigade that Robert and Hailey enjoyed.
They really didn't get the concept of racing each other and eventually, Robert put his bucket closer. Robert also waited for the water to drip out of the holes while Hailey just poured it in.
Then Gramma (and Hannah), Hailey, and I did a potato sack race.
The boys (who weren't in our group) clearly had a handle of it and finished before we even turned around. Hannah was laughing on Gramma back.
Then there was a corn race. Robert didn't want to put the corn between his knees since his knees where still wet.
Hannah got to be involved and held her own corn.
Then everyone but Kyle and Hailey (someone had the hold the camera and someone else needed to cheer) did the pie eating contest. I love Grampa's grin in this picture (it's been 6 months I think since he's any had dessert).
Robert couldn't/wouldn't eat the pie with just his face so he sat there and distracted Gramma while...
Dad won first place!!! Look I'm close though, it's just the crust left.
Then the kids tried to find red pennies in the haystack.
It was hard, so Gramma came and helped. They each found one and Robert had a hard time giving it up.
We also watched a medicine show. There was a "doctor" there that could know everything there is to know about you through feeling the bumps on your head. Hailey volunteered to be checked. He was she was friendly, creative, and a good person. (which was the same conclusion for all of his "patients"). I should have gone up and asked if he knew the gender of the baby.
Then we Hailey and Robert joined the parade. They each had state banners to represent one of states that were apart of the US at this time period. Hailey was Texas and Robert was Florida.
It was a horse drawn wagon.
All those activities took place in their town. Once we were done with that, we went to explore farming through the ages.
We names the ducks hickety and pickety.
We had a very fun day outside exploring. After Living History Farms, we had pizza then did sparklers in the yard. The kids loved it. However, I must have forgot to copy over the pictures because I don't have any of them. So I'll post about that later.
1 comment:
The pic of you and your mom is stunning.
Post a Comment