Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Goodbye Iowa

We left Iowa with a bang by spending two days in Omaha. We went to my favorite zoo. I crossed the rope bridge for the first time in the jungle building.  I also lost Robert by the penguins for a few minutes.  We also went to the old train station that they turned into a very nice exhibit with a real train to go in and explore.  All three kids spent a good 20 minutes watching the model train and pushing the buttons to make it go.  (Pictures will have to be posted later when I get them from my parents).

At the hotel, we played in the very cold swimming pool where Hannah kept trying to drown herself by walking into deeper parts.  We definitely needed one adult per kid which worked out great. Hailey and Robert had a blast playing with Grampa and jumping to him from the ledge. I'm not sure who wore who out but we were all pretty tired that night and the kids slept in. (A very rare thing).

The airplane ride back was tough. Hannah was very, very fussy. But Hailey sat next to an amazing person who read to her, held her things, and even let Hailey play a game on her Kindle.  I'm thankful that I only had to deal with one cranky kid  instead of three.

The kids had a hard time understanding why we wouldn't see Gramma and Grampa the next day (distance means nothing to them). However, they were excited to see their dad again and were glad to be home.  I think over all my kids adjust pretty well.

 Here's random pictures of Hailey and Robert's cave (the kitchen table) in which they played so nicely together.

No comments: