Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Craft/Guest Room

I'm been slowly organizing and decorating our 4th bedroom which is in the basement.  Since it's so far away from the rest of the bedroom we didn't want to actually put a kid down here. So, I get a craft room. Then we were so lucky and Nate's mom, Cherie, brought a daybed and an extra mattress.  This bed reminds me a lot of the daybed my sister and I shared growing up. 

Wanting to try something completely different, I decided to have a black and white room. I'm really happy with how it has turned out so far.
It's actually a queen comforter on the bed but it helps hide the second mattress.  Also I have matching euro square pillow shams but not the pillows yet.  I have some fun matching fabric to make more decorative pillows.  I need to finish a couple of sewing projects first before I start another one. Also, I made the curtains myself. 
 My mom had these shelves that she ended up not liking. I think they fix perfecting in this room. 
Now here's the craft wall.  I've been able to organize all the drawers, so things are a little more functional now.

 I love this picture. However, the frame has been a pain and it bows at the top.



The tins are empty right now and that is a cork board that I cover in fabric.
 I found this shelf at a yard sale across the street.  It matches the style of the bed nicely and will hopefully give whoever spends the night a place to put their things.

 I enjoy having a craft room and being able to leave my current project out (verses using the kitchen table and never getting anything accomplished). 

3 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

It turned out nice! I hope you are able to use the room a ton!

Rita Peck said...

Love it. So jealous. One day I hope to have a craft/sewing room.

Eva said...

Pretty black and white room! You've done a good job at making it look nice!