I didn't get any pictures of the ward camp out but we did indeed go and spent the night. I really like the tradition of camping once a year and enjoy going with the ward since that cuts out all food preparation for us. I still can't believe all the things we needed just to spend one night. We had our big 6 man tent, 4 full size sleeping bags and one toddler sleeping bag, 8 pillows (3 for me but I'm 7 months pregnant so that's allowed), 4 blankets, and two stuffed animals. (Plus one bag for clothes and meds).
Besides being pregnant, the other things that made our camping experience unique is that Robert is potty training and Hannah is a very rolly polly sleeper. We had a great dinner around 6:30pm then there were some camp songs and a flag retiring ceremony. We tried to go to bed around 9:00pm at Hailey's request but Hannah and Robert just couldn't fall to sleep and were driving Nate and I crazy. So we got out a mingled and didn't go back to bed until 11:00ish. Hailey and Robert slept well but Hannah kept rolling everywhere and screamed at least 2 different times. By morning, Hannah was sleeping across my sleeping bag (giving me very little room) and her feet were resting on top of Robert's back.
Hannah, Hailey and I were up and out of the tent around 7:30ish. The bishopric cooked a wonderful french toast, eggs, and sausage breakfast. We finally left the campground around 10:00am very smelly and dirty but overall glad that we went camping this year.
ps. Robert doesn't like port-a-potties as much as his mom and didn't have any successes while we were there.
preschool: green eggs and ham
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment