Thursday, September 1, 2011

Late Anniversary at Lava

Every year Nathan and I celebrate our anniversary by taking a little overnight trip.  I love this tradition and am so thankful that Darlene is willing to stay with our kids while we get away.  This year we went to Lava Hot Springs.  Our anniversary is actually April 30th but I wanted to wait until the stress of school was over. 

We stayed at Lion Gate Manor.  The owner was very friendly and gave us a tour of the rooms that weren't checked into at that point.  We stayed in the Phantom of the Opera Room, which is their biggest room and their main feature. I love the details they put into it.  When you walk into the room, you hear the Phantom's theme song.
Here is our Box 5 Theatre Room. 
The other side of the room, has the jacuzzi and the spiral staircase that leads to the secret entry behind the bookcase in the dining room.
 This is a one way mirror which has the Phantom behind it.  He is pretty freaky at night and I made Nathan turn him off so I won't see him in the middle of the night.
 More decorations going up the stairs.
 I thought the monkey was an amazing detail to add. We really enjoyed and appreciate the work and thought they put into the room.
 So, Friday night after we checked in, we went to the Thai Restaurant and then soaked in the Hot Springs.  (I forgot to take pictures of the hot springs but there were 6 different pools.)

We ended the night watching Eclipse from the Twilight Series instead of Phantom of the Opera.

After a delicious breakfast with heart shaped waffles, Nathan and I went tubing down the river.  We got a four person tube since the lady told us that they hardly flipped.  The river was a lot of fun and we went down twice.  The only downfall is carrying the dumb tube from one end of town to the other.
The tube rental place also had free mini-golf if we rented there. Nathan is the better golfer.  We also went to the free museum they had there.  We ended our trip at the burger joint there.

We greatly enjoyed our 24 hours kid free anniversary. 

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

What a fun tradition. I have never spent the night in lava but do love the pools and tubing there. What a fun anniversary

Scott Crawford said...

I am so going to have a room like this someday. Secret mirror passages and bookcases hiding rooms. Someday.