Monday, December 5, 2011

3 weeks

These pictures were taken when Rachel was three weeks old. Sweet little Rachel is simple adored by Hailey and Robert. They love to hold her, especially Hailey.
 This is also our first full day without any extra help. My mom stayed for two weeks after Rachel was born and left the day she was blessed. Then Nate's mom, Gramma Cherie, stayed with us a whole week after that.  It was nice having her around. She read tons of books to the kids and I was able to slowly take on more responsibilities to figure out what is the best way to handle four kids. (The answer is hope the baby sleeps or put her in the front pack).
 I'm not sure how my family grow up sitting on the smaller benches at church. When we arrived with all six of us, we felt a little cramped especially when the kids wanted to color. On this Sunday, I held Rachel all during Sacrament meeting, then spent the next two hours carrying her in the sling.
The following two Sundays, a sweet older lady, Fern,  held Rachel the whole time during sacrament meeting. This helps a lot and she's more then willing to hold her every week. It's nice that Rachel sleeps the whole time at church. I know this will quickly fade as she gets older and I'm not sure what we'll do then.

As for Rachel's sleep habit, at one week she was sleeping 2-3 hours at a time. At two weeks, she weighs 8lbs and 4oz and sleeps 3-4 hours.  At three weeks, we average about 4-5 hours of sleep. At the time of writing this, Rachel is 5 weeks old and still sleeps about 4-5 hours at night and sleeps most of the day. She did do a six hour stretch once but I didn't get that much because Robert started his hacking cough which woke him up frequently.

No comments: