The day we got our tree was a very interesting day. This year I had my heart set on having a real Christmas tree. Our fake tree is pretty small for a house (but was perfect for our small apartment) but I knew we shouldn't buy another fake one since this isn't the house we are going to stay in long term. Also, I have never had a real tree before and we don't know if it would be possible to get a real tree at whatever state we move to next year.
Nathan didn't want us to get to right after Thanksgiving in case it dies before Christmas. So we were going to get it on Thursday Dec 1st since it looked like we were going to have some extra time but Hannah had a seizure.
Even though Hannah had a seizure Friday morning, Friday was a pretty good day until the ward Christmas party. I signed up to bring the pumpkin cake that they wanted. I learned a valuable lesson that day about following directions. The cake needed to be put in a sheet cake pan which I did not have so I used a 13X9 which didn't work out. The middle never cooked and the edges burned. So, I brought a sheet cake pan after we picked up Hailey and made a very delicious cake. However, when we left to go to the church, our 2 week old tire was flat and so was the donut tire. It snowed a little that day but the church is only two streets down so we all walked.
The party was tough because I was so nervous Hannah would have another seizure, I was constantly watching for her. Hailey had a major accident (lucky we were able to borrow a pull-up from a friend who is having a difficult time potty training their almost 5 year old. Robert luckily was wonderful at the party. They had a great program filled with music and a fun slide show made up of most of the ward members acting out The Night Before Christmas poem. There was a candy cane craft and pictures with Santa. We got a ride home and was able to borrow an air compressor to fill the donut and help with the scooter's tire also.
So on Saturday, we took Nate's scooter into a motorcycle place to get fixed and then we all took the car to Costco to get fixed. Since we had time to spare, we walked up the hill (over a fun bridge) to pick out our Christmas tree. We made sure everyone was bundled up and we had a pretty fun time picking out the tree. All the trees were either $40 or $50. We got a pretty nice one for $58 including tax. Then we shopped a little at Costco and had lunch there. By the time we were all done (including potty breaks for Robert) the car was done. While Hannah, Rachel and I took a nap, Nate took Robert and Hailey to pick up the tree.
Nate wanted to see if anyone had a tree stand they weren't using on Sunday. Since no one did, I picked one out at 5:00am on Monday after feeding Rachel, so we could put up the tree before Nate left for his office . I taught preschool that day and with Hannah's help, put on the lights later in the day. Hannah really loved the lights.
I'm so happy to have our beautiful Christmas tree.That night for family home evening, the kids put up their ornaments.
The bottom half was full and the top hardly was touched. However, within a week that switched because I put all the ornaments that fell down up high.
We got our tree up and ready just in time for St. Nick's day which was on that Tuesday.
1 comment:
what fun.
Post a Comment