Even though we weren't faithful about our Giving Thanks tree to count down the days in November, I loved having it. I think it helped make November pass by quite quickly. So I was very excited to have another fabric advent calendar. I got all the materials to make it last year but didn't put it together until this year. I'm glad I waited because now I know some basic quilting techniques due to Sis. Hudson's help with Robert's Christmas present. (I'll post more about that after Christmas).
Also, Hailey came home with a countdown chain that she made at school. The star has a cute poem about taking off a chain each night after reading time.Then we were pleasantly surprised by this mini muffin tin advent calendar made by my sister-in-law Amy. Underneath each number is a fun Christmas activity to do.
All these advent calendars have made me think about making one for January. January is a hard month because the weather isn't nice, it's dark, and there's nothing to look forward to during it. However, this year I am going to have quilting lessons at my house every Monday for 12 weeks starting in January. I'm very excited about this. Also, my mom is coming back when Nathan leaves for a math conference in Boston. She'll be here for a whole week which will make January fly by.
No comments:
Post a Comment