After breakfast the kids opened a few presents. Hailey helped hand out presents since she can read the names on the tags now.
Play food from mom and dad.A cool Thomas signal from gramma and grampa.
Everyone got towels from Zeke which will be very handy when we go swimming the the summer. Last summer we had to use our bath towels as our swim towels and I was stuck doing a lot of laundry.
I didn't know what else to get Rachel but thought she might like this toy in a couple of months. I don't think gift giving to babies gets easy until their 2 or 3 years old.
Hailey made us presents at school.
I think the best feeling is getting a surprise present from my own child at Christmas time. I'm glad the kids are getting older.
I made this tag blanket for Robert. I came up with the idea and pattern myself and Carol (a friend from church) helped me figure out how to put the tags on and bind it properly.
Eva made cute Book of Mormon covers for us.
My parents got us an external hard drive that is super big. I love it because I already have 20GB of pictures that I need to store somewhere else. I have a hard time deleting pictures and now I don't have to.
Each kid got these cool little themed books that has a story, a big fold out scenery, and miniature figures to play with. Hannah got princess, Hailey got Tinkerbell, and Robert got Thomas. This also came from my parents.
Rachel's a very smiley baby.
I've been waiting for this book to come out for a long time.
Soon it was time to go to church at 11:00am. We only had sacrament meeting and it was a very nice one talking about Mary, Joseph, and Jesus. It was simple and easy to feel the spirit.
Then we had a quick lunch and sent Hannah to take a nap. During her nap I put in another hour and a half putting together the kid's present from gramma Cherie. After Hannah woke up we had dinner then we opened the rest of the presents.
We ended this the Ikea play kitchen that gramma Cherie got them. It was a big hit.
Christmas took all day which was good because the kids got to enjoy it more but was pretty exhausting for me. I absolutely love Christmas and the holiday season but I'm glad it's over because I had too many projects and not enough sleep. I'm thankful for all the presents that were sent to us by extended family. Though we couldn't have Christmas all together it was nice to know that they cared and were also thinking of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment