I made a lot of homemade gifts and spent a lot of money in general on Christmas, so when it came to Christmas eve pjs, I was just going to skip it. I thought about making them and already had all the patterns but didn't really like any of the Christmas flannel fabric. Then going from my fabric drawer to have scraps to make beanbags, I saw this pretty white and pink flowery flannel that I've had since Hailey was a baby but never knew what to do with it. So in 7 days I made 6 pairs of pjammies and stenciled 6 white t-shirts.
Rachel's was the easiest pjs to do.Robert loves trains.
I had to find matching fabric for mine, and at the time we opened our presents, Nathan and my pjs were not hemmed or had a finished waist on them.
I accidentally dropped the train cookie cutter on Nathan's shirt as I was setting it up but I had no way of fixing it on Christmas eve.
I'm glad I did the pjs, it made Christmas special, and I like sewing. However, I made Hailey's too short, and the waist band on Robert's, Nathan's, and mine is too big. I prefer doing baby clothes verses adult sizes. Most likely I will do this all again next year but hopefully I will start it earlier then the week of Christmas.
2 comments:
I love them. So gorgeous. Makes me want to attempt some pjs
they look great!!! Did you just use paint to stencil the shirts? I have never thought of doing something like that, but it looked awesome!
Post a Comment