Friday, January 25, 2013

Something Borrowed

We had dinner and games at the Crawford house when an unfortunate event happened. Allie got a plastic popsicle dog toy easier in the week to play jokes with it. Sipsy (their dog) doesn't like that toy. Hailey wanted to play with Sipsy and pushed the toy into her mouth. I heard the dog yelp and then Hailey started crying. Sipsy bit Hailey in defense. No one is to blame for the situation, Sipsy has never bitten anyone before and Hailey just doesn't know how to interact with a dog. 

I didn't want Hailey to be afraid of dogs because that might cause more incidents. So for FHE, we borrowed Sipsy and I taught the kids basic things to know about a dog and how to take care of one. I hope to have a dog of our own some day (when our baby turns five years old), but we aren't ready yet. With the winters here getting below 0, we will need an inside dog.

 The kids had a lot of fun with Sipsy, even Hailey.

1 comment:

Scott Crawford said...

You have dognapped her and kept the thing.