The fire department was having an open house early June, so I took the kids. Hailey wanted to dress up.
Darlene and Dayne came to visit us for the day. Isn't he a cutie!!!
The kids really enjoyed meeting Sparky. I remember as a kid, I was scared of anyone dressed up in a costume. I still don't prefer them.
Then the kids got tattoos.
They could also pick out plastic fire helmets to keep and Robert wanted the pink one. The fire fighter who helped Robert get in the truck said that that wasn't right.
Robert had to try out each fire truck that was there.
They also put out a fire with the huge hose. Hailey did really well.
Robert mostly just stood there while the fire fighter did all the work.
There was also a smoky trailer to teach kids how the are supposed to get out of a smoke filled room. I also got into the fire action and used the fire extinguisher to put out a controlled fire. I was surprised how short the foam lasted.
We had a great day at the fire station.
No comments:
Post a Comment