Hailey started Kindergarten today. She was so excited to go. She has a very cute, sparkly Tangled backpack that Aunt Darlene gave her for her birthday. It is full of all her school supplies expect the packet of copy paper (that would've been too heavy).
Her teacher is Mrs. Thomas and she is in a K-1 program. The kindergartners go from 8:05am to 11:50am everyday. We are very fortunate to have that schedule since all the other schools have all day every other day kindergarten.When I walked her into the classroom, we quickly found her name by her peg to hang up her backpack and she turned around and entered the rest of the classroom without saying goodbye or anything. Hailey has never had a problem with separation anxiety. She asked a little girl (a 1st grader) what she can do and started working on a color worksheet that was out. I'm glad she is already well adjusted to school. I've been so excited for this day since she is ready for this next step. When we picked her up the teacher mentioned that Hailey had an owie that started to bleed but acted a little guilty when she asked about it. I told her it's just from having dry lips and we have talked about not picking at it. I'm going to send chap stick with her and hopefully that will help.
I was very excited to hear about Hailey's day at school but she said she couldn't remember anything. She did bring home a "kissing hand" for Robert and I to help us when we start missing her. They read The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. She also remembered having recess on the playground.
It was a little different having Hailey gone because she entertains Robert. Robert feels scared in the basement alone and Hannah won't stay down there without me either. It was also very quiet. Luckily we had a play date set up with Jamie who will also do preschool with me. I'm glad I'll have this time to focus more on Robert, it's just take us a little bit to figure things out.
For the first day of school, I had cookies ready for us after we had lunch. So one point for being a thoughtful mommy; the cookies were a big hit.
4 comments:
Sounds fun! Audrey had her first day today and she loved it. She was like Hailey, didn't have much to say about it. I mean she was there for six hours and all she had to say was, "it was fun! I liked it!"
What fun. It is an adjustment
Yeah for big girls that make life a little easier for mommy! Sounds like she was super ready!
Interested to know where that Rose Water Park is...it looks like a ton of fun!
That is a perfect Hailey picture
Post a Comment