Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Nativity Play on Christmas Eve

I was talking to my mom the week of Christmas about how I want to redo our Christmas song book and add pictures to it. I was thinking of using the nativity pictures that the whole family put on a couple of years ago. While she mentioned that I should have the kids dress up and do the nativity scene. I've been thinking about it, so with her encouragement and a couple of trips to Joann's Fabrics, this was the end result.
Hannah was our angel and she loved her wings. I got the white shirt from Joann's and stenciled stars on it.
 Rachel of course was baby Jesus in the Moses basket.
 Hailey really wanted to be Mary so she has an oversize blue shirt on for her dress and a pillowcase for the headcovering. Robert was an excellent Joseph with his red shirt, brown scrap of fabric for a shall, and a wooden stick that was meant for his closet but was the wrong size.
 Nathan was the story teller and shephard. We have more lambs but those were the only ones they would let daddy borrow.

 I was a wiseman with my robe and the pretty pretty princess crown. My three gifts are by Hailey's feet. They were red, green, and gold decorative candles that Joann's had on clearance.
The kids really enjoyed putting on the play. I hope to make this a new family tradition for a few more years.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

we act it out each year as a family and it is so fun. everyone looks great

Scott Crawford said...

That first picture is a great memory of Hannah.