Friday, September 12, 2008

Hailey's Accident

I took Hailey to the library on Thursday morning and she was a good girl there. She was very happy and playing games while I was trying to leave. When we went outside she ran up the small hill and back down to me on the sidewalk. To encourage Hailey to follow, I kept moving towards the car. Then right behind me I heard Hailey fall down. It happened so quickly that she didn't have time to put her hands out and landing on the left side of her face.

I put down the three big books I was carrying to comfort Hailey but there's not a lot I can do while holding Robert. After a minute or two a man came up to me commenting on how full my hands and to see how bad Hailey was hurt. Hailey shied away from him but it also made her quiet. He was kind enough to carry the books to the car while I carried the kids. Hailey was sad the rest of the day which made it very hard on me. I'm glad she likes to cuddle with her mommy and I'm sad she got hurt but by the time 5:00pm rolled by I was ready for space.

2 comments:

Greg & Andrea said...

It's so sad when the little ones get hurt. It just makes you feel so bad for them. But I'm glad it wasn't too serious.

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Poor thing! I hope she is feeling better now! I hate those types of hurts!