Wednesday, August 5, 2009

20 Weeks Pregnant

Before the trip to Iowa, I had a doctor's appointment. I wanted to have the ultrasound right before I left which would put me at 18 weeks. However, the doctor disagreed. The baby wouldn't be developed enough for them to get all the information that they would like. So I have to wait until I get back to find out what type of baby I'm having.

I have no idea if this baby is a boy or girl. All three pregnancies have been very different. With Hailey, I craved sweets and with Robert it was meat and fruit. With this baby, I was on a spaghetti kick for almost a month. I ate spaghetti for lunch and for my midnight snack. My craving for it has slowed down a lot since I arrived at mom's house but I am always up for anything pasta related.

The other variation is morning sickness. I was sick with Hailey at the beginning a lot. At 8 and 9 weeks I threw up 1-3 times a day, everyday. I was not as sick with Robert and probably threw up 2 or 3 times, however I was nauseous most of the first trimester. In this pregnancy, I have to eat tons but didn't get nauseous a lot until after the first trimester was over. I've thrown up twice so far.

So it will be a big surprise to find out what I'm having. I will be excited either way. I'm excited to pull out the little frilly dresses I have for a girl. I'm also excited to have another little boy. I think Robert would love to have a little brother close to his age. Hailey tells me that the baby is girl and Robert doesn't have an opinion because he has no idea about what's going on.

One thing we know for certain is that there is only one baby. I am thankful for that.
I also got a new haircut. I love it short and am still able to tie it back.

No comments: