Thursday, August 13, 2009

4th of July

I've been meaning to do this post for a while.


Nathan had his master's test to study for, so I took the kids to Utah to visit with Kerstin over the 4th of July weekend.


Robert unfortunately cried almost the whole time he was in the car which made the trip seem very long. The first thing we did with Kerstin was eat at Taco Bell. Then we went to visit Grandma Zielke in the nursing home. She was happy to see us but was also very tired.


After that, we went to the Hoogle Zoo. I love going to zoos. Hailey was very scared of the big orangutan. Robert loves looking at the animals and running around. We were all pretty worn out being in the hot sun.


We went to McDonald's after the zoo. Then we played with fireworks in Kerstin's driveway.

Here's a video of the kid's playing with the poppers.
Hailey enjoyed dancing around with the sparklers. It was very cute to watch. Kerstin also lit some flowers and fountains. The kids reacted really well to this. Besides, Hailey covering her ears, they enjoyed watching them go off.

Since Robert was getting a bit cranky, we left around 6:00pm. Robert only napped for an hour in the car. By the night we arrived at home, it was getting dark. So we decided to join our neighbors and watch the fireworks from Bartz field. The kids liked the fireworks. Since we were far away from the source of the fireworks, we didn't get all the noise that I thought would bug the kids. Hailey is very sensitive to loud noises. We really had a great view of it all. By 11:00pm our kids had had it and were ready for bed.

It was a great 4th of July weekend. I'm glad we were able to do it all.

No comments: