Thursday, August 6, 2009

Missouri Trip

To end our church history tour, we spent one day and went to the Missouri sites.
First, we went to Adam-ondi-Ahman.
We walked down this trail to see the valley. Hailey and I have a very similar picture of walking together here almost two years ago.
We are glad that Nathan and Robert (and baby 3) are here with us this time as well.
Then we had a little picnic by our car. Our shoes got better muddy so Hailey is taking her shoes to the tree to scrape off the mud.
After Adam-ondi-Ahman, we went to Far West to the temple site and then on to Liberty Jail.
We ended with the visitor's center in Independence. As you walk into the building, we first see a huge statue of Jesus Christ. Hailey was so excited about this and talk a lot about him. Previously, with other statues, I tried to point out what they are doing so that Hailey can figure out what the statue is trying to portray. One statue we talked a lot about her hand and arm position. So when she saw Jesus with His arms out, she immediately started talking about how He wants to give her a hug and how she loves Him so much. It was very special. The sister missionary turned on the recording of Jesus talking, which forth excited her.

I'm so thankful for the wonderful children that I have and the sweet spirits that they are.

No comments: