On Monday, Hannah went to the doctor for her 9 month well baby checkup and for her hospital visit. The doctor says she looks perfect. Her IO in her leg is healing well. All test came back normal that were taken at the hospital. On Friday before she was released they weighed her and she was 18lbs 8oz. On Monday, Hannah weighed 18lbs 2oz. I was concerned but the doctor didn't seem too worried. This is about the time babies start flat lining on their weight because they are more active.
We talked about her medicine. The reason why she's on medicine and had all the tests done is because the seizure lasted so long (40min). If she has another seizure (which is unlikely), we will need to take her to Primary Children Hospital in Utah for more testing. He also told me that 4% of children have seizures.
Besides crawling a little funny (it's her right leg, where the IO was put in, that she keeps up) she is back to normal. On Tuesday, she was her normal happy self. She is content on the floor playing by herself. Also at the table she is excited for food again and rocks back and forth for it. She even clapped a little.
A little side note of history on my thoughts about babies in the hospital.
When I was a baby, I would not eat and was considered a failure to thrive baby. The doctors couldn't find anything wrong with me. I spent a lot of time in the hospital. It was a very scary time for my parents. My dad was telling me how they took different shifts to stay with me. Mom was there during the day and my dad was there when he was done with work. Through it was scary, my dad looks back at the time on being able to bond with his baby. From my own experience I know that dads don't get nearly enough bonding time with babies like the mom does. I can image that my dad sang to me a lot too. While Hannah was in the hospital and very, very fussy, the only thing that calmed her down and helped her sleep was singing.
When I was 7 years old, it was discovered that I am zinc deficient. Zinc deals with your appetite and sleep. The easy solution is just taking vitamins everyday for the rest of my life.
So, when Hailey was born and was a lazy nurser, I was afraid she was zinc defiant also. We took her back to the hospital once a week for a month to check on her weigh gain. We had her tested for zinc and any other problems that could show up in blood work. The testing came back normal. At one point, when I was pregnant with Robert, Hailey had her hand x-rayed to see if her bone age matched her year age which it did. Even though there is nothing wrong with Hailey and she is just a small kid, I am a big fan of giving the kids their vitamins.
Robert was a very healthy baby and gained weight at a faster weight then Hailey. I had some problems with Hannah the week she was due, but after she was born weighing 6lb 13oz and leaving the hospital weighing 7lbs 2oz, I was no longer concerned about my kids being hospitalized like I was as a baby. Maybe is it just a third born thing. I have an older brother (Ryan), an older sister (Kerstin), and a younger brother (Kyle).
Since I am in a family of 4 kids, I want four kids of my own. There is 21 months between Hailey and Robert and 21 months between Robert and Hannah. Though it is crazy, I love having the kids so close together. So the plan was for me to get pregnant again in December and have a September baby, right after we move to where ever Nate gets a job. When I went to get Hannah's medicine it was also time to refill my birth control which before Hannah's seizure, I was not going to fill it. I realized there at Walmart, that I still want the fourth baby to come soon, I don't want to risk getting pregnant before Hannah is 12 months old and done nursing. Though Hannah is acting just like she did before the seizure, she is still a fragile to me.
1 comment:
You're a good mom :)
Post a Comment