Wednesday, October 13, 2010

An Epic Weekend

My sister got married over the weekend.  It was a wonderful wedding but a crazy weekend for me.  Our plan was to leave Thursday after dinner.  I spent most of Thursday putting the zippers on the dresses and making the sashes. Then with cleaning and packing, we weren't ready to leave until 6:00pm. So we got fast food, gas and were off. Forty miles into our trip, I realized that we didn't have Hannah's medicine. Did I really think Hannah would have a seizure without it? No. But did I want to risk it? No Way!!!  So we got back home at 7:00pm and decided to start again in the morning.

We had a good start and things we pretty uneventful.  We got to the condo at 12:00pm, put Robert down for a nap. Then Hannah, Nathan, and I picked up Ryan from the airport while Gramma Cherie played with Hailey. It was great seeing my brother again after two years. I'm also thankful for email and blogs to keep us updated so it didn't feel like it was that long ago.

We first went to get Ryan food, then to get the tuxes for Ryan, Nathan, and Robert.  Since Ryan hasn't been to Utah for a very long time (most likely it was my wedding in 2005), we took Ryan to see Grandma in the nursing home.  It was good seeing her, she was awake and just got her nails done. She seemed very happy and had a friend sitting next to her.  She was hard to hear and understand some but I think over all she remembered us. After that we had another errand to run and then went back to the condo.

We got a call at 5:30pm that Alex can't pick up his tux. We quickly got everyone in the car and rushed over (the store closes at 6:00pm). We got there at 6:00pm and was able to pick up the tuxes on Alex's side.  Then dinner plans got a little crazy, so we dropped off Nate with Robert and Hailey back at the condo.  I took Ryan over to Danny's to meet Kerstin and Alex, then I went to the airport to pick up Kyle (whose flight was 10 minutes late).  When we got out of the airport, they closed the highway I needed and took a 45 minutes detour.  By the time we got to Danny's Kerstin and Alex needed to head to Logan.  I think we finally went to bed around 10:30/11:00. 

My kids didn't sleep well. First Hailey cried for a minute or two. Then Hannah screamed for a while. Her bed was too hard, so we brought her in bed with us.  Robert also cried and needed to be recovered.  We got up at 5:30am to make it to Logan by 9:00am. 

The sealing was at 10:00am. It was a beautiful wedding. Kerstin's mission president was the sealer and talked about covenants and blessings made in the Temple.  The Spirit was so strong.  It was great seeing them together so happy.

Then it was picture time!!!


Here's the cute dresses that I made the girls.  I love how the turned out.

Hailey was pretty attached to Kyle and got to spend a lot of time with him while I was in the Temple.  Also, Nate's sister Emmie is going to school in Logan, so she came to the Temple to help Kyle watch all three kids. I'm glad they were willing to do that.
Aunt Julie and Uncle Dennis with Kyle.  Everyone was surprised at how grown up and handsome he is.  Also, my cousins,  Jason and Mikael were able to make it to the sealing.
After pictures, a big group of us went to Blue Bird to eat lunch at 1:00pm.  It was nice and relaxing and no one was really watching the time (at least not me) and we left at 3:00pm.  Unfortunately we ran into another time crunch because I needed to be at Noah's at 4:15pm and Kyle needed to pick up his tux by 5:00pm and we left somethings at the Condo.  I got to Noah's to have my hair done around 4:30 and the guys were 5 minutes late to get Kyle's tux.  Thank goodness the manager is really nice and stayed open for him.

It's hard to take pictures for my own personal record and also to be in a lot of the professional pictures.  I was also running around a lot. (I needed to get in the car a few times). It was a very fun reception.
They had a neat looking cake that had tilting layers.
Here is the table we claimed.  My cousin, Angela was so nice and helped us with Hannah.  The night went smoother for us because of her.

Hailey was the first one in line for cake.  It was so adorable, she's hard to turn down.
The kids loved the dance floor and running in circles.
This is Connor (Alex's 2 year old son) dancing with Hailey.  There's nothing cuter that two kids dressed up so nice and dancing together.
Aunt Julie and Kyle took the dance floor too.
Kerstin and Alex's couple song was "Your Love is my Drug" by Kesha. It was a cute and fun song.  It was the first time I was Kerstin enjoy herself since the wedding planning started. 
Of course, the little girls also wanted to dance with Kerstin.
Here's Ryan and Kerstin.
And Aunt Julie and Aunt Marilyn on the dance floor.

It was a very fun party. We blew bubbles as the left to go to their honeymoon in California.

Sunday was luckily a very laid back day.  I took Ryan and Kyle to the airport at 7:00am.  Then we just took it easy until 1:00pm for church. Stan and Cherie were speaking during sacrament meeting so we stayed to hear them.  We had a nice dinner with Stan, Cherie, and Zeke then headed home at 6:30ish.  We got home by 9:00pm.  It was a very nice weekend but crazy is terms of running around and lack of naps.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow Audrey - it looks like you've had your hands full these past few weeks! The dresses turned out beautiful! I can't wait to see them up close - you'll have to let your girls wear them to church! I'm so glad Hannah is doing better. If you need anything let me know!!! I mean it!