At the library we went to story time and they were doing the gingerbread houses. They do it everyone which I am so thankful for. I guess when we move away, I need to save some milk cartons so I can do this with them.
This top one is Hailey's which she did all by herself since I was busy with Robert. It looked a lot better until we had to move it to take it home.
This one is Robert's which I did the crackers and he put up the candy.
Also, the following week at story time, Santa came and read The Night Before Christmas. Then they were able to sit on his lap.
This is the third Santa Robert has talked to but the first one he actually sat on his lap. Robert was shy and then I asked him to tell me what he wanted for Christmas. He told me he wanted a ball (which isn't true he just heard someone else say it) and then I asked him if he wanted to tell Santa that he wanted a train. Robert jumped up and quickly went to Santa after that. Unfortunately, Santa couldn't understand him until I translated.
Hailey has not being shy around Santa at all this year. She was shy around the first Mrs. Clause she saw but that was just because she didn't know that Santa had a wife.
I think Christmas gets better each year as the kids understand more and get more into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment