Sunday, December 12, 2010

Halloween at Living History Farm

On Halloween day we went to the Living History Farms.
They had many little scenes to take pictures at. Robert just didn't want to dress up today. So I wore his Thomas Hat to help convince him, hoping he would get jealous but that didn't work and I forgot I had it on.
Hannah was bouncing back and forth, happy to be out of the stroller and apart of things.

Hailey and Robert were very cautious about this pizza guy. Hailey was brave enough to shake his hand though.
We walked along a designated path and at some houses they were giving out candy.

Hailey and Robert liked the ghost.

We also did a horse-pulled hay ride while we were there. The kids really like horses. The driver just said there names and they would either go or stop.  One day it would be nice to have my kids trained like that.
We also roasted marshmallows.
I am holding Robert's stick since I don't trust in with fire yet.
Then we went into the barn and there was an excellent story teller there.  She told a story about a farmer trying to get the biggest pumpkin out of the garden and calling on his family to help.

Hailey was called up to be apart of the story which she was so thrilled with. Also Robert was so entranced with the story that he just wander to the front which is very until him in a crowd. Generally he is glued to my side.
On our way out, we stopped by the fire truck and ambulance.
I think the kids really enjoyed all the different activities they did in connection to Halloween.

No comments: