Monday, September 3, 2012

House Hunting

The day after Hailey finished school, we dropped Hailey and Robert off at Gramma Cherie's house and went to Laramie to house shop.  We are renting a house in Laramie because we found one that only had a 4 month contract. It is only 3 bedrooms, no basement, and is more expensive then the 4 bedroom house in Pocatello. Paying double rent is hard but this was our best option.

We brought a trailer full of boxes to help move things out. We arrived in Laramie Thursday night and the Bishop stopped by to welcome us within30-40 minutes of being there. He helped us unload the last little bit from the trailer. We even was able to talk to his son about taking care of the lawn in June while Nathan teaches his last summer class at ISU.

Shortly after the Bishop left, the Elder's Quorum president stopped by and we ended up going to his house for dinner.  We were very thankful for that since we didn't even have a place to sit in our rental yet. It was a pretty windy day and Hannah was running around outside without shoes since they got buried during the trip. We left the Cherry's house to go to Walmart and pick up some food. As we were trying to navigate, Nathan (who was driving) looked back at Hannah and saw that she was in a seizure. She had also thrown up and we didn't hear a thing. Her seizure was getting pretty long (4-5 minutes). We drove back the the Cherry's house to get help and a priesthood blessing. I brought her back inside while Nate cleaned the van. Even though she was out of her seizure she was shivering nonstop which made me very nervous. We finally went home to put her to bed. The house it very cold. So while Nate went to the store, I cuddled up in the sleeping bag to keep warm.  I heard a strange sound that I thought was just Nathan coming inside again but never saw him. After a while, I realized it most likely was Hannah in another seizure and I went to check on her. She was grinding her teeth which is what she does after a seizure. I wish I was there earlier for her but even if I was there isn't anything I can do for her.

We went house shopping on Friday and Saturday. Friday was an extremely windy day! We saw about 16 houses and got a good tour of the different neighbor areas. Laramie is much smaller then I'm used to. By the end of the house showings, I had my favorite and Nathan had his. Nathan's house was in a better location and had 5 bedrooms all on the same level. The only drawback to it was there was no basement. So we decided to try to buy his choice first.  I know I will like Laramie eventually but it is really in the middle of nowhere.

It was a nice trip for us. Hannah and Rachel were able to bond more and Nathan and I got a little break to be able to spend time together. Hailey and Robert enjoyed their time with Gramma Cherie and were even able to go to Manti and meet Grandpa Alan.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

can't wait to see pictures of the house. So excited to read more.