I will miss taking the kids to McKee's Pet Store. It was a great way to introduce the kids to different kinds of animals.They have dogs, cats, bunnies, a very old monkey, birds, snakes, fish, turtles, guinea pigs, emus, pigs, llamas, miniature horses, sheep, and a donkey. Up until recently they had a yak too. There is also a little swing set to play on.
The kids favorite part was feeding the goats. Hannah is really fearless about most things. Hailey at this age was very afraid of goats.
A funny story about the baby goats in the picture is that while we were there, two of the baby goats escaped the fence. One was chased into a corner by the kids there. The other mom was able to get it and put it back. The other goat, I was able to catch and hold for a little bit. The kids enjoyed petting it. For a moment, I thought it would be fun to have a baby goat. Then I remember that they grow and changed my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment